As Chief of Police, it is my pleasure to provide you with information regarding our Business Watch Program, where you will find out what the Lockport Police Department is doing to make this community a better place to live, own or operate a business.
From a public safety perspective, this is a great time to live, own or operate a business here. Crime has remained on a decline and citizen confidence in the Police Department is at an all time high. The cooperative working relationship between the police officers and the people we serve is the strongest it has ever been.
A total commitment involving the police department, business leaders, civic organizations, town officials and it’s citizens collectively has proven to be the strongest and most effective way of securing our community, making it safer for all of us.
Crime Prevention is a pattern of attitudes and behaviors directed both at reducing the threat of a crime and enhancing the sense of safety and security, to positively influence the quality of life in our society and to help develop environments where crime cannot flourish. In our efforts to help continue our commitment we have developed a Business Watch Program designed to help us better serve you the business owner with the best Law Enforcement Services available. Working together we can secure the future for our community.
Please take this time to learn more about the services we offer. You will find our employees are a dedicated, well-trained and enthusiastic group of professionals who take pride in their work and community. They are ready to work with you to make your business and this community an even better place to live and work in.
Business Watch Program:
To help establish a sense of community awareness among business proprietors in an effort to prevent crimes against businesses.
Goals of Business Watch Program
- To improve communications between business proprietors and the police.
- To provide education and information to business proprietors to help reduce crime in targeted areas.
- To preserve and reclaim our business centers and to eliminate conditions that give rise to crime.
- To encourage business owners to utilize security measures to the fullest extent in order to deter crime.
- To solicit information and ideas from the public which would increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the Business Watch Program
The Principals of Crime Prevention
- Crime Prevention is everybody’s business.
- Crime Prevention is more than security.
- Crime Prevention is linked with solving social problems.
- Crime Prevention is cost effective.
- Crime Prevention requires a central position in Law Enforcement.
- Crime Prevention requires cooperation from all elements of the community.
- Crime Prevention requires education.
- Crime Prevention requires testing and improving.
- Crime Prevention improves the quality of life for every community, its business, and its residents.
Benefits to Reducing Crime Include
- Greater freedom and security for every person at home and in the community.
- Increased respect by all for the rights of all.
- Revived sense of civic responsibility as a natural and expected part of membership in the community.
- Healthier, more interdependent communities.
- Increased individual and collective pride in self and community.
- Crime Prevention means working in partnership, rather than in isolation; working with concerned citizens to address ways to prevent crime. It means communities and individual citizens learning how to protect themselves and working together to keep their businesses and neighborhoods crime and drug free. It means law enforcement working with communities, businesses, and service organizations to develop action plans based on information about crimes and other problems.
If you own or operate a business in the Town of Lockport and are interested in the Business Watch Program, contact our office by phone at (985) 532-9799 or by E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org